Flu Season Hits RI Early — Find Locations for Flu Shots in Smithfield
Here's where to get a flu shot in Smithfield, how to recognize symptoms, and what to know about treatment if you get sick.
- December 12, 2012
Flu season is coming early in parts of the United States: This time last year, flu cases were much lower in Rhode Island than they are now, according to data on Google's Flu Trends.
Overall in the state, activity is considered high now compared to this time in 2011, according to Flu Trends.
If you're considering getting a flu shot, here are some places in Smithfield and that offer the vaccine:
- Rite Aid Pharmacy, 452 Putnam Pike
- CVS Pharmacy, 371 Putnam Pike
Check here for more locations in the surrounding area.
According to this week's CDC Flu activity report, influenza levels are on the increase across the country.
Five states — Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee — are reporting flu rates not normally seen until January, according to the Centers for Disease Control. The flu season normally peaks in January and February.
Holiday travel and more time spent indoors due to soggy weather will contribute to the spread of the flu virus — so now is the time to get vaccinated.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers the following information:
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Smithfield Police Arrest Rite Aid Pharmacist for Stealing Erectile Dysfunction Pills
- Frank C. DiCenzo Jr., 52: Driver/Operator for DiCenzo Construction
- Smithfield Police Arrest Man for Assault on Wife at Bus Stop
- Smithfield Police Log: Car Theft, Thefts from Cars, Paypal Fraud
- Smithfield's Roupen Bastajian Tells About Boston Marathon Response