It's one of those Rhode Island traditions — picking up fish and chips on Fridays during Lent.
And since today is the first Friday after Ash Wednesday — and thus the first Friday of Lent — local folks might be looking for places in Smithfield to find their fish and chips fix.
Here's a selection of places in town that offer take-out or dine in, depending on your preference — be sure to call or visit early, as their customers will likely be packed like, ahem, sardines.
Click on the links to see each restaurant on the Smithfield Patch Places directory page, including address and hours.
- Daily Catch Seafood: 9 Cedar Swamp Rd Open until 7 p.m. Friday.
- Box Seats: 332 Farnum Pike Open till 9:30 p.m. Friday.
- Aegean Pizza: 335 Waterman Ave. Open till 11 p.m. Friday.
- Cricket's: 280 Washington Hwy Smithfield Open till 10 p.m. Friday.
- Pleasant View Diner 132 Pleasant View Ave Open till 8 p.m. Friday.
Have another favorite spot for fish & chips? Let us know in the comments section below and we'll add it to the list.
Is your restaurant offering a fish & chips special? Post it in the comments below.