Colonel Steven G. O’Donnell, Superintendent of the Rhode Island State Police and Commissioner of Public Safety, is pleased to announce that effective Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, the Rhode Island Department of Public Safety will begin the recruitment, application, and selection process for the 2013 Rhode Island Division of Sheriffs Recruit Training Academy. The application period will end on Sunday, Feb., 10, 2013.
The Rhode Island Division of Sheriffs is seeking honest, intelligent, hard working and dedicated men and women to apply for the 2013 Rhode Island Sheriff’s Training Academy. The stages of recruitment and selection are as follows:
- January 14, 2013 – February 10, 2013: Recruitment & Application Period;
- March 2013: Written Examinations;
- April 2013: Physical Agility Testing;
- May – July 2013: Background Investigations; Medical Testing; Selection;
- July – August 2013: Division of Sheriffs Recruit Training Academy begins.
Individuals interested in becoming Deputy Sheriffs can find information regarding applicant qualifications and selection process as well as other pertinent information on the Recruitment web page at www.sheriffs.ri.gov. The Rhode Island Department of Public Safety encourages prospective applicants to periodically monitor this website to follow any changes that may occur to the above-described schedule.
The Rhode Island Department of Public Safety is an equal opportunity employer.