Smithfield Police Department
Founded as a constabulary in 1937, the Smithfield Police Department was formally established by an act of the Rhode Island General Assembly in 1950.
After being housed at Smithfield Town Hall for more than two decades, the police department moved into its current facility on Pleasant View Avenue in 1972, roughly 18 months after its approval of funding at the town's Financial Town Meeting in 1971.
Chief Richard P. St. Sauveur Jr. oversees a force of 40 uniformed officers and 13 civilian employees.
- Hours: 24-hour emergency response
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp